Are you Booking on a Trip, Adventure or Course?
Gene17kayaking aims to provide the very best in kayak teaching at some of the best white water destinations in the world.
Our teaching goals are achieved by using some of the very best kayakers & coaches to deliver their knowledge and understanding in methods that are best practise and cutting edge.
All the logistics in our paddling trips are in line with the on the water delivery.
We stay in high quality accommodations, eat out in local restaurants for excellent dining, and enjoy the local culture over a glass of wine & or a glass of beer.
Furthermore we use the best boats available and ensure a maximum coaching ratio of 1 to 3 on trips and adventures!
Booking Terms & Conditions
- All bookings are made with the limited company Gene17, whose office is 20 Ivybridge, Tavistock Road, Weston-super-Mare BS22 6LP, United Kingdom. The Operator is Gene17 Ltd
- Book a place, complete the download Booking Form and send it to Gene17 with your deposit of 450€ per person, per trip or payment in full for courses (2 days). Unless the trip is full, you will receive confirmation of booking and Trip dossier. All Teaching Trips, Paddling Adventures and Guided Holidays outside Europe require a higher deposit
1000€ per person on individual bookings
1500€ per coach/guide on group bookings
- The final balance should reach Gene17 no later than 30 days (90 days in the case of all non European destinations) before the trip start date. If the balance is not received by the specified date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and your deposit will be forfeited, unless a delay in your payment has been agreed by Gene17. Bookings accepted after the balance due date can be secured with the appropriate deposit and full payment must then reach us within 7 days of us confirming your booking
- We accept payment by bank transfer or bank deposit or through PAYPAL ALL PAYMENTS to Gene17
- We DO NOT ACCEPT CHEQUES due to rising admin costs
- EURO BANK DETAILS: HSBC Bank, 30 High St, Weston-super-Mare BS23 1JE, United Kingdom
BRANCH CODE: 40-12-76 Account Number: 69213949
IBAN GB18 HBUK 4012 7669 2139 49
- STERLING BANK DETAILS: HSBC Bank, 30 High St, Weston-super-Mare BS23 1JE, United Kingdom
BRANCH CODE: 40-47-18 Account Number: 21295594
IBAN GB91 MIDL 4047 1821 2955 94
- Notice of cancellation must be given in writing. Should you cancel, the following scale of charges will apply:
Cancellation more than 60 days before the trip starts – loss of deposit
Between 31 and 59 before the trip starts – 60% of total trip cost
Less that 30 days before the trip starts – 100% of total trip cost
For Non-European Destinations, the cancellation charges are
More than 90 days before the trip starts – loss of deposit
Less than 90 days before the trip starts – 100% of total trip cost
Similar terms are adopted throughout the travel industry and cover the costs of advance payments made by Gene17. Cancellation charges may be covered by your travel insurance provided the reason for cancellation falls within the terms of the policy
- All deposit payments can be made via PayPal. Additional payments for the balance of the trip MUST be paid via Bank Transfer or Bank Deposit. If a PayPal payment is made, a surcharge is required at an additional 3% of the balance outstanding. If the cheque is presented, a surcharge is required, again an additional 3% of the balance outstanding needs to be added
- If you wish to transfer from one trip to another, an administration charge of 100€ will be payable, up to the time that the final balance becomes due. Any transfer after this point will be treated as a cancellation. A transfer request must be notified in writing and will not be actioned on the original trip booked until the administration charge has been received. Transfers are not possible from trips which require a larger deposit than 450€
- Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the planned itinerary, it must be realised that with this type of adventurous activity changes to the programme will occur from time to time. Gene17 accepts neither responsibility nor liability, for any ensuing costs, or the consequences of any such change, however caused
- Circumstances may arise where we are forced to alter dates, trip duration, transport schedules, or hotel accommodation before a trip starts. We will try to inform you of any such changes as soon as we know of them
- On assessing the conditions expected to be encountered on rivers or the abilities of the Trip Members, our Trip Leaders may decide to alter any proposed plan, river objective, river section or activity if they believe that to continue with the published itinerary, or any latterly agreed alternative, would place anyone at undue risk
- Our Trip Leaders will do their utmost to ensure that any problems are solved for the benefit of the Team as a whole. Signing the booking form signifies your acceptance of the Trip Leader’s authority to make decisions affecting the group or individuals. For instance, the Trip Leader may require an individual or individuals to leave the trip if they believe that a person or persons health is at risk, if an illegal act is committed, or behaviour may become, or has been, detrimental to the safety, enjoyment or well-being of the group
- A client leaving an trip at any stage, for whatever reason, will not be entitled to any refund unless agreed by Gene17
- We receive regular Travel Advice from the UK Foreign Office (FO). We will not knowingly operate trips in contravention of such advice if it is published before the due start date of an trip
- We will cancel a trip if the FO Advice effectively puts the destination country or significant parts of the country out of bounds such as to make the river destination objective untenable. If the main river destination objective remains achievable in observance of the FO Advice, we will alter the itinerary and the trip will not be cancelled. For example, the FO may advise that it is unsafe to travel through an area which lies on the published approach or is the major logistical hub for the planned trip. In such circumstances, if the river destination can be reached by using an alternative route, we will do so and the trip will not be cancelled
- If the FO does not issue advice against travel, a disinclination to travel on the basis of a perceived threat or hazard, howsoever formed, will be interpreted as a voluntary cancellation and the charges set out in booking condition above will apply
- Non-UK Nationals should consult their own government for advice on travel to the destination country and all countries transited en route
- Trip sizes described in this online brochure are target sizes and may be changed at the discretion of Gene17. Similarly, leaders named in trip descriptions may also be changed
- Gene17 reserves the right to cancel any trip which does not receive sufficient bookings to make it financially viable
- Anyone booked onto a trip cancelled by Gene17 will be entitled to a full refund. Anyone on such a trip will be invited to transfer to another trip and no transfer fee will be payable. Should they transfer to another trip any difference in price will be invoiced or credited accordingly
- Neither Gene17 nor any of his representatives will be responsible for any illness, injury or death sustained on our kayaking trips, nor will they be liable for any uninsured loss of personal property
- Gene17 has no obligation to take you on the river, if it is deemed unsafe for either/both yourself, the group and/or the representatives of Gene17.
- If in spite of the course/trip/adventure description, booking procedure and further communications, you book on to a course/trip/adventure that is upon local assessment by Gene17, deemed to be beyond your paddling experience and abilities, Gene17 will attempt to offer an alternative locally sourced coaching/guiding solution. Such a solution will be presented and offered at an additional cost to yourself. You are not obligation to take up this offer, and likewise Gene17 is not obligated to take you to the planned river section, if you ability does not fall within the course/trip/adventure description.
- Taking advantage of Gene17’s offer to hire a kayak and a paddle (Most Teaching Trips and some of the Paddling Adventures), a standard equipment hire agreement is to be made, prior to the course/trip/adventure start date. Details of the hire agreement are contain within the specific hire agreement, although the hire agreement outlines the complete liability of the hiring party for any damage, loss and significant loss in equipment value. By signing below you agree to pay for any damages to the kayaks and/or paddles for the local full retail price for the replacement of the kayak and/or paddle, if any damage, loss and significant loss in equipment value has occurred. We therefore advise adequate travel insurance with rental sport equipment coverage.
- Gene17 cannot be made liable for the consequences of strikes, industrial action, wars, riots, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, or other untoward occurrences, whatever they may be
- In the event of civil unrest in a particular region, we undertake to inform our clients of the situation as soon as we have knowledge of it
For all Trips, you are advised to have insurance that covers you for all of the activities to be undertaken, including adequate insurance for white water kayaking including cover for search, helicopter rescue and medical repatriation.
- Having made every effort to ensure the correctness of this website, we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies
- Prices in this online brochure are based on costs and exchange rates that are reviewed quarterly, ie, every 3 months. Gene17 sincerely hopes that surcharges will not be necessary, but in the unlikely event that they are, you may cancel your booking without penalty if the surcharge amounts to more than 10% of the cost of the Trip
- Gene17’s agents and representatives, are not entitled to promise refunds for
whatever reason, and Gene17 will not be bound by any such promises
- These booking conditions may only be waived in special circumstances, and in writing, by a letter from Gene17
- The terms and conditions of all agreements made with Gene17 shall be subject to, and governed by, English law
- When making your booking it is implied and accepted that you have read and understood all these booking conditions and agree to abide by them