Cant make the jump to your next level? For the paddler who is missing an element or two in their paddling, they want to take off and break through, but they need to get to the launch pad.
Injury Recovery, something holding you back?
LaunchPad can get you to the next level? Set in the perfect natural classroom of the Soča river, this course will have developing a holistic view of how a kayak moves through the white water and an understanding the details to shape success and a desired performance.
We’ll focus on tactical comprehension and it’s delivery through progressive technique application. Dumping much of the technical dogma that blights many a paddlers progression. We’ll grasp what simply works and take that forward on to new lines with great results. This trip is perfect in a half slice kayak.
During a week with us on the Soča we can change the way you paddle and get you ready to step on to the LaunchPad.
- We’ll give you a personal paddling plan, showing you where you’re at and what to work on
- We’ll work on coaching best practice. No outmoded coaching styles from decades ago: we’re keeping it modern and dynamic
- We’ll cover practical solutions that use the rivers energy, shape and form to best suit modern river running tactics
- We’ll make sure you’re up to speed on your safety, so you'll be avoiding the need to be rescued
- We’ll boost your river awareness. It’s not just about how you paddle, it’s about how well you understand your environment. We’ll show you how to visualise and evaluate the river more quickly and more effectively
- Day 1 Arrival day. Relax, settle in and sample the local cuisine
- Day 2 We’ll start off with a session looking at your gear and your boat outfitting. Then we’ll take to the water on the lower Soča, a chilled-out run that gives us the chance to look at how you’re paddling and find out what you want to work on
- Day 3 We’ll build on day 2, including a review of technical skills. We’ll also spend time playing down the rapids and discovering what we can and can not easily do.
- Day 4 Today we’ll concentrate on how to manage individual rapids, finding lines and looking at the details
- Day 5 Today’s the day to concentrate on the missing gaps.
- Day 6 Paddle for yourself: we’ll spend the morning on personal paddling workshops, followed by a consolidation descent.
- Day 7 The Big day out! This all day mission’s the chance to use your newly developed skills on an Alpine classic.
- Day 8 After a final review, we’ll drop you back at the airport
Of course, this schedule’s only a guideline: we’ll chop and change depending on how you’re getting on, what the levels are like and what everyone wants to do
The trip will be led by an experienced Gene17kayaking appointed trip leader.
In selecting suitable leaders, we not only look to ensure that they have the relevant qualifications but we also ensure that they have an excellent track record of white water paddling from around the world.
Whilst qualifications and experience are essential requirements, we also make sure that our leaders have the right temperament to lead a trip group comprised of individuals who have a range of previous experience and expectations.
The leader is a vital contributor to the enjoyment and well-being of the trip members and he or she will be there to deal with any unexpected problems. To that end, we aim to provide a leader who will make the trip both successful and enjoyable throughout.
We will take a maximum of 6 paddlers on each trip, although the number may well be less than this. With every 3 paddlers we have on the trip, we’ll have a highly experienced Gene17kayaking Teacher/Guide.
Soča LaunchPad Skills Development takes place on Class II/III/IV whitewater.
The Soča LaunchPad Skills Development is suitable for experienced paddlers who are able to paddle for 4 or more hours in a day on Class II/III/IV.
Generally the rivers are accessible with near road access, but occasionally there may be some exposed terrain. This trip begins on an easier section of whitewater, but will soon reflect conditions expected at the grade.
Participants should therefore expect to be in a river environment during peak runoff for sometimes extended periods of time.
You are welcome to Contact Us, if you would like to discuss the trip in more detail.
What the Price Does/Does not Include
TRIP COST: ALL INCLUSIVE 1725€ or COACHING/GUIDING ONLY 1200€
What the ALL INCLUSIVE price does include
- Guiding and Instruction†
- Full accommodation including breakfast & lunch
- Airport & River shuttles*
- Use of a full spec whitewater kayak** from a locally sourced fleet based on 35€ per day per kayak.
† Our Coaching/Guiding Only solution, is simply that, our first rate excellent Coaching & Guiding, and assistance with river shuttles.
* Airport Shuttle is to and from Trieste Airport, or Cividale Train Station in Italy. All arrivals to any of Venice’s airports, will need to make their way to Cividale for pick up prior to 18:00 on the day of arrival
** Gene17 has access to small yet excellent selection of kayaks for a range of different sized paddlers, & these are available on a first come, first served basis ONLY
Accommodation & Catering
You’ll be staying at our shared apartment in the Soča Valley with all bed linen provided. We’ll provide a continental breakfast and packed lunch. Evening dinner either at a local restaurant or home-cooked by one of our guides at an additional cost. Note self catering is also an option.
The Personal Paddling Equipment you should bring:
A good semi-drytop or drytop or drysuit
Whitewater PFD, spray deck and good helmet
Solid footwear for bank support – no sandals
Rescue gear, including a throwbag, knife, sling and karabiner
What the price does not include
Travel & Boat insurance
Note: we can not guarantee the use of Gene17Kayaking's kayak, will depend of notification before booking and local availability at the time of booking.